is it possible to place one male betta in a 5 gal tank with 3 females and no problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow, thats rather interesting , that would probably explain why two managed to die, and all my other fish are fine. thanks heaps, thats real good information u contributed :)

wow, thats rather interesting , that would probably explain why two managed to die, and all my other fish are fine. thanks heaps, thats real good information u contributed :)

Your welcome. The disease is caused by a virus and and there is a lot of information out there. If you want way more information than you could possibly ever read, just do a Google search for "Dwarf Gourami Disease" and you will find it.

One thing I was wrong about--apparently the disease *can* spread to at least some other fish, including bettas and possibly angelfish. (Bettas make sense, as they are very closely related to gouramis). You can read about that too if you do the Google search.

I tried to breed bettas once. I conditioned them and everything! I put them in the breeding tub and walked out the room for 10 minutes. I came back to a dead female. I guess it all depends on the fish.

Back
Top Bottom