Is my crayfish a male or female

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MineShaker

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm just wondering so I can give it a name based on its gender here is a pic tell me what you think ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439997338.286033.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439997601.444250.jpg

Sent from the crayfish lover Mine Shaker

both, yes i said both, well it is technically female, don't look for a male because there are none. my friend you have a self cloning marble crayfish, you have 1 and it will breed

Hmm, may actually be a marbled crayfish. Wondering about the blue coloration though. If it is an EBC then I would say female because of the way smaller claws. Anyway, nice crayfish! I miss mine a little.

it is marbled, they can get a blue coloration sometimes, and the picture has a blue tint.

it is marbled, they can get a blue coloration sometimes, and the picture has a blue tint.

Yeah I gave the photo a blue tint because my camera autocorrects colors and made him look brown but he's a pretty blue Color with little black dots. That's why I tinted it?

Hmm, may actually be a marbled crayfish. Wondering about the blue coloration though. If it is an EBC then I would say female because of the way smaller claws. Anyway, nice crayfish! I miss mine a little.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440609253.915043.jpg do you really think she is a marble. that would be cool here's a pic I just took today no tint or Color filters

yea i would put my money on marbled cray, it is probably what you are feeding it, maybe he ate a neon tetra :lol:, what are you feeding it, the electric blues are really just solid blue color

Where did you get the crayfish from? If it is a marbled you will soon see eggs under its tail, since they are self cloning. Good live food for fish if you don't want to raise them!

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Where did you get the crayfish from? If it is a marbled you will soon see eggs under its tail, since they are self cloning. Good live food for fish if you don't want to raise them!

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well I normally feed her fish flakes she loves them some times a snail that the puffer didn't get to first. I got her at my LPS (Gail's pets) and she Was labeled blue crayfish

yea i would put my money on marbled cray, it is probably what you are feeding it, maybe he ate a neon tetra :lol:, what are you feeding it, the electric blues are really just solid blue color

I'm feeding it fish flakes and snails

Back
Top Bottom