Is my German Blue Ram Mature?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ColemAnthony1

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought a German Blue Ram about 3 weeks ago, and she's doing well in her new home. She's still pretty small maybe about 1.25 inches and she doesn't have much color. Will this come with age as she grows and matures? I would show a picture, but it says that it can't be uploaded... :/

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No, I would say close to it though. GBR's usually top out at around 2-2.5", with females being a little smaller. Females usually tend to not be as colorful as males anyway, but when given a male partner and they form a pair then that is when GBR's will normally start displaying full coloration. Lots of people say that keeping GBR's by themselves is pointless because you don't see their real colorations, and I guess that makes sense. Are you planning on getting her a male partner?

Yes hopefully. Buying the one ram was kind of a test to see if I could handle the fish. I heard that they are tricky to keep and I wanted to test it out. She is doing well, so next time I take the 3 hour trip to Portland I will definitely be buying her a buddy. :)

Back
Top Bottom