Is my guppy deformed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cactuspixie

Aquarium Advice Addict
For comparison, here is one of my 'normal' females:

image-3557588900.jpg

And this is the 'abnormal' female:

image-1815476754.jpg

Both females are mature and are the same size, yet one is a (too frequent) breeder, while the other has never been gravid (despite being relentlessly pursued by the males)

This is a picture of them together:

image-2689317698.jpg

Has anyone come across this before?

Could be a male O.O there has been cases when they are young, to change there sex as they are growing up depending on how many females and males

Could be a male O.O there has been cases when they are young, to change there sex as they are growing up depending on how many females and males

It's 3 times the size of the males, and it has the coloring and fins of a female. I have too many males now- I certainly don't need any females turning male!

Actually, I gave away about 40 guppies and fry a while back- I had hoped to be rid of all the females so I wouldn't get over run with guppies. Apparently I didn't get them all :-(

And my featherfins are no help in that department.

Maybe she was inbred? She looks weirder in the flesh than in the photo.

what i mean by change sex is on the inside only. outside appearance would not change. or it could be her personnel choice not to have babies, just not right time in her life to be chasing kids around

Back
Top Bottom