Is my guppy pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I think so. I would say another 2 weeks untils she drops . Maybe 10 days! The fry will have really vivid brilliant colours by looking at the mum! Good luck

Samzter said:
Yes I think so. I would say another 2 weeks untils she drops . Maybe 10 days! The fry will have really vivid brilliant colours by looking at the mum! Good luck

AHHHH thank you SO much! Any advice for keeping the fry alive after that?

I let nature take it's course with mine. I look out for surviving ones straight after the birth . Move them into a hatchery or 10 gallon by themselves. then feed the fry very fine crushed flake food.

Samzter said:
I let nature take it's course with mine. I look out for surviving ones straight after the birth . Move them into a hatchery or 10 gallon by themselves. then feed the fry very fine crushed flake food.

I might have to let nature take its course because I'm going on vacation until the 6th. :( I have a male and female in the tank, so there will be future babies if these don't survive, right? I have to figure out how to feed them while on vacation so birthing and taking care of babies isn't an option :(

Samzter said:
If you're tank is heavily planted some might survive , but not many. Maybe 1-5 .

:( I don't have like any plants. So maybe I'll be back in time to save them :) would a breeders net do any good?

Yes but the female will get stressed. They only should be in there for 2 days tops.

Samzter said:
Yes but the female will get stressed. They only should be in there for 2 days tops.

That's what I thought. I tried keeping her in the net before but she looked so sad like she was being punished so I took her out. I would rather have no fry than a sad guppy :)

wryly23 said:
I might have to let nature take its course because I'm going on vacation until the 6th. :( I have a male and female in the tank, so there will be future babies if these don't survive, right? I have to figure out how to feed them while on vacation so birthing and taking care of babies isn't an option :(

You will deffinately have more fry! Females can hold sperm inside of them and can fertilise atleast two more batches with it.

If the guppy has a black spot under he tail then yes she is pregnant. I can't see from the picture

Then that's great :D
I might be wrong here but keep an eye on her when I was breeding the dots go large then they drop the fry.

If you are going on vacation you could get a vacation feeder, i use them all the time when i go on vacation and they work pretty well

Back
Top Bottom