Is my molly pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flavia21

Aquarium Advice Activist
She's starting to form a little belly. Is she pregnant?

image-1352242258.jpg

image-2684058211.jpg

image-1711396345.jpg

image-3314832874.jpg

image-4110894543.jpg

image-1794571892.jpg

image-3799660547.jpg

image-4043438239.jpg

Sorry about the bad quality pictures but hope you can see a little.

Does she have a gravid spot? I have a Molly with the same shape belly, she was in my opinion underweight when I got her, and I don't know if she's preg or just gaining weight. I guess you need to check for a gravid spot,

image-1102830391.jpg

If you see what I mean? If she's been in with males or is housed with males now chances are she is :)

Ursi said:
Does she have a gravid spot? I have a Molly with the same shape belly, she was in my opinion underweight when I got her, and I don't know if she's preg or just gaining weight. I guess you need to check for a gravid spot,

If you see what I mean? If she's been in with males or is housed with males now chances are she is :)

Whats a gravid spot?

The dark area at the bottom of her tummy, erm you can see it roughly on the photo I posted but it's a dark area on the bottom of their belly, my phone won't let me upload a better photo as I'm not at home but if you google a gravid spot on Platy you will get an idea :) sorry I can't help more, on your pics I struggle to tell if she has a gravid spot.

Ursi said:
The dark area at the bottom of her tummy, erm you can see it roughly on the photo I posted but it's a dark area on the bottom of their belly, my phone won't let me upload a better photo as I'm not at home but if you google a gravid spot on Platy you will get an idea :) sorry I can't help more, on your pics I struggle to tell if she has a gravid spot.

Oh its fine i got it now and Googled it. Thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom