Is my molly pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Only got one plant. By the way... WE HAVE FRY!!!! :D!!! I actually found them in the main tank... I put them in the breeder and the mom in the main tank so she can finish having them. (she still looks pregnant) five so far! They're so cute too :D I hope she still has more... I'll attach a picture of her. Do you think she still looks pregnant? Thanks so much for your help btw. :) can't believe I finally have babies! :D

Attachments

• image-1132876369.jpg
    image-1132876369.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 41
  • image-3276431986.jpg
    image-3276431986.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 39
  • image-3580637413.jpg
    image-3580637413.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 43
  • image-3737691931.jpg
    image-3737691931.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 42
Only got one plant. By the way... WE HAVE FRY!!!! :D!!! I actually found them in the main tank... I put them in the breeder and the mom in the main tank so she can finish having them. (she still looks pregnant) five so far! They're so cute too :D I hope she still has more... I'll attach a picture of her. Do you think she still looks pregnant? Thanks so much for your help btw. :) can't believe I finally have babies! :D
Babies at last!!!. Congrats, it's great when they finally come. I would be fairly sure that she will have more. She did look very big. I would have expected about 35+. She may have eaten some but not 30 of them...haha.
What's your plan for food??

Lol. Okay I'll give her some more time then :) I'm feeding frozen brine shrimp and crushed flakes. I know you recommend that someone's first bites or something like that :p

Lol. Okay I'll give her some more time then :) I'm feeding frozen brine shrimp and crushed flakes. I know you recommend that someone's first bites or something like that :p
With the crushed flake, just make sure your crushing it really well to powder. Only tiny amounts 4 times a day. Your trap will get pretty dirty. Every second or third day, I put the fry in a container or bowl and clean out the trap. Just with some old tank water and my fingers!!!. If you can get the Hikari First Bites, you should, if not, what your feeding is fine. Get in touch if ya need any more help. Good luck with them and keep us updated....

With the crushed flake, just make sure your crushing it really well to powder. Only tiny amounts 4 times a day. Your trap will get pretty dirty. Every second or third day, I put the fry in a container or bowl and clean out the trap. Just with some old tank water and my fingers!!!. If you can get the Hikari First Bites, you should, if not, what your feeding is fine. Get in touch if ya need any more help. Good luck with them and keep us updated....

Yeah. Ok. Its pretty dirty now. What I think I might do is move the female out of the tank when I'm sure she's done having babies and let the fry swim around the tank. (betta died this morning :() I turned the filter of for now just in case. Think I should?

Yeah. Ok. Its pretty dirty now. What I think I might do is move the female out of the tank when I'm sure she's done having babies and let the fry swim around the tank. (betta died this morning :() I turned the filter of for now just in case. Think I should?
Yeah letting the fry loose is a good idea. It would probably be no harm just to test the water, since the betta died(??), just to be sure everything is ok. Why did you turn the filter off??

Yeah letting the fry loose is a good idea. It would probably be no harm just to test the water, since the betta died(??), just to be sure everything is ok. Why did you turn the filter off??

I will test the water tonight or tomorrow. Turned the filter off so it wouldn't suck up the fry. Can't seem to get the nylon to fit right and I don't feel like taking it all apart. :p I figure the fry won't make the water too dirty. lol :)

I will test the water tonight or tomorrow. Turned the filter off so it wouldn't suck up the fry. Can't seem to get the nylon to fit right and I don't feel like taking it all apart. :p I figure the fry won't make the water too dirty. lol :)
What kind if filter is it??

Um kind of a weird question... But if she's pooping, does that mean she's done? There's still only five babies...

Attachments

• image-2729334000.jpg
    image-2729334000.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 36
Um kind of a weird question... But if she's pooping, does that mean she's done? There's still only five babies...
Yeah, mine(guppys) always have clearish poop after she's done. With that filter, just use a piece of new pantyhose and secure it around the bottom of the pipe with a rubber band....
I'm surprised she only had 5. She must have snacked on a few. I thought it would have been around 30-40....

yeah, I put her back in the 130 gallon tank. moved my micky mouse platy and she's had 4 today so far! think she ate one though...

Looks like you have a conveyor belt of fry...lol. Keep note of the dates and you'll have a better idea of when they are due again, next month!!!

Well.. I was gonna start a new thread asking everybody how to tell if my molly was pregnant, but luckily I saw and read this one first. Im pretty sure she is... I only got her 4-5 days ago and kinda thought she might be in the store, but the guy working at the LFS didnt think she was old enough yet. She looks a little bigger today than she did when I got her.

Thanks for all the info everybody!

Back
Top Bottom