Is My Nitrite To High?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is my story look, i started off with a 5gall and the two clowns and two live rocks. i bought everything the same day. The Clowns Where So Happy And Would swim and eat and everything, And i had them for 2 months, Then I Changed to a !0 gall Cause looked like it was a Pretty Small Tank For them From What i heard and at the begining of the 10 gall the clowns where Happy too they woukld swim eat everything and then i kinda wanted a Anemone and i bought it. and like 4 days later i noticed the two clowns Breathing fast. and staying in the same spot. the anemone and the crabs are doing fine. the only thing is the Clowns :/ but else everything is fine The Anemone Moves Around Today it moved to the live rock and is happy where it is. the crabs eat and everything. the big problem is the clowns :/ i dont want them to die :/.

i have a T5 65 Volts i Think . And it give really good lighting And Heat to the tank..

im not famiilar with nems so im not sure if the lights enough i dobut it is buy your tank is very unstable the nem will die can you take it back at all

i can take It Back. But i mean Will they even take it? or maybe i should Sell it. i have my friend interested in it. Cause i pretty much dont Like Anemone. i'll Just sell it to him.. he has a 250 Gall. i bet its gonna live there Way Happier Than My Tank. Well Back To Everything I Still need to Do the other 50% water change right?

test your water now and well go from there id say ask for store credit and take it back if you can i to have a 10g nano no livestock yet aside from snail n hermits and some stars Thursday or Fri im more than happy to help you out

ill sell it to my friend he had his tank over 1 1/2 year already and two rose anemone i think its called. And did the test again and the answers are :
High Range pH: 7.8
Amonia: 0 ppm
Nitrite: 1.0 ppm
Nitrate: 0 ppm

there i s live stock in the aquarium, we know it needs to cycle, but the nitrites will kill the livstock so thats why we are sayign water chage to keep it low enough for the livestock to survive but enough for it to cycle

then thats enough light for a 10g and an anemone

Because there are fish in there, trites need to be there for thebacteria to grow but its also poisonous to the fish so he needs to keep it low

So. ill go buy 5 more gall of water and two more rocks. and cycle the other 50% and add the rocks.

Gti_Leo said:
there i s live stock in the aquarium, we know it needs to cycle, but the nitrites will kill the livstock so thats why we are sayign water chage to keep it low enough for the livestock to survive but enough for it to cycle

then thats enough light for a 10g and an anemone

that little trite is harmful? i still have a basic understanding of how it's toxic sorry and save money don't buy cycle it tends to be a waste

Since you have a friend with a large cycled tank you could see if **** house youre fish and nem for a couple weeks and fishless cycle

Back
Top Bottom