Is my pictus catfish sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigeon Dragon

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I own a 45 gallon with 2 angel fish (who have been mating recently but I have had no luck of having babies) a red cichlid, a small tetra, two fat clown loaches, a small bottom feeder, three different Cory cats, and a pictus catfish. I have recently deep cleaned and rearranged my tank, and my pictus catfish has decided to shove his face into the corner of a treasure chest and has been there for the past two days, he won't come out to eat or even move for the other fish, I've poked him during feeding so he would go out to eat but other than that he doesn't move, I'm worried his sick. If anyone can help please and thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_8925.jpg
    IMG_8925.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_8927.jpg
    IMG_8927.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 51
I believe that Pictus cats do better in small groups. Maybe adding two more of them will stir him up.

sorry the pictures not too good, and yes the link you sent is what he looks like. I don't know the exact numbers for my Ammonia, NitrIte and NitrAte levels because the tests I take are color dependent, but they are all in the safe, I have not had time to change the filters yet but I plan on doing them tomorrow, but he has never acted like this before and I've done multiple deep cleans with him in my tank before.

I believe that Pictus cats do better in small groups. Maybe adding two more of them will stir him up.
I would get more if i could but my tank is already so full, and my other tank is only three gallons and is soon going to have a large betta in it

Don't change the filters! Only rinse them off in old tank water, never change them unless they're falling apart. And even then you'd want to run the new filter media with the old for at least two weeks

Don't change the filters! Only rinse them off in old tank water, never change them unless they're falling apart. And even then you'd want to run the new filter media with the old for at least two weeks

100% to that or run for longer before removing the old ones, then it is always a good use the old ones to start up a NEW tank, ;) Usually takes more than a year to wear them out. Save money and have a healthier tank!

Back
Top Bottom