Is my snail Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rocktrns

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 10 gallon tank
1 Betta
4 Zebra danio
5 neon tetra
2 cory cats
2 snails

I found one snail this morning upside down. I took it out and smelt it it didn't smell bad so I put it back down I dont know if it is dead or not so how can I tell and how long should I wait before taking it out the water.

Mystery snails will sometimes go dormant for about 2-3 days, but pick it up every day and give it a sniff, you will definitely know when it's dead.

I just found out it is a nerite snail I have 2 one Zebra Nerite and the other one is normal.

Well now both of my snails are inactive but they are still alive. I have been using tetra Algea control and after reading up about it I heard that it could harm snells. They dont move much about a inch a day sometimes they flip themselfs over but then i flip them back over. They dont go on the glass anymore. Could the tetra Algae control handicapped them?

Well I want to know what should I do?
Should I put them in a bowl of water until they come out of there state or should I euthanize them?

place the snails in SPOT and watch it from time to time, if it dont move from the spot u put it, its dead.

If you're careful with your fertilizer dosing, you should be ok, as the plants should be handling the copper. Perhaps cut back, though.

Back
Top Bottom