is my tank finally cycled?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyApril83

Aquarium Advice Freak
I don't think that I will ever get ammonia to 0 since as my previous posts say that my tap water is 4ppm (yes really)
ForumRunner_20130808_230954.jpg

Even if your tap water is at 4ppm the tank water can get down to 0 if it's cycled properly.

What did you dose the ammonia up to on that tank and how long ago was it?

Also, here's a thought about dealing with your ammonia. Keep a second filter running on a tank or rubbermaid tote that will hold enough water for your change. It will cycle the ammonia down to 0 so you can safely do your weekly water change. A sponge filter would be easy.

The highest the ammonia was to 1(at least when I was able to test) and nitrites were at highest 1 when I was able to test.cuz I have fish in. I didn't want to kill or hurt them. I'm just wondering if its safe for fish to be added. Like a bn longfin there is a some clear slimy stuff on the tank. That I think the pleco can clean/eat I cleaned and did a 7gal water change today (which is my weekly change amt) I tested the water before my water change...

And logistically I cannot do a Rubbermaid container but if I stay in the fish hobby and actually get the tank and fish I think I want I will get a ro setup. But for now I have to work with what I have

Looks okay to me. I would feel safe adding a fish or two as long as you don't see your nitrites or ammonia rising on a normal basis. How big is your tank?

37 gal. I don't use prime yet. Amquel was recommended to me but if prime is better I will get it next time. And I treat the whole tank volume with the water changes...seems to be working best...

I am really into colorful bigger fish I'm not sure what ibwant besides a neon dg and or a powder blue. I want some neon cardinals I think too. Not all together sure just have to look at the local stocked mom and pop shops as I have many of them at least 3 within a 15 min drive...I wanna stay with local shops if I can

Back
Top Bottom