Is phosphorus, nitrogen and potassium necessary?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass95

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently use seachem Flourish and Trace for my low tech tank. I would I need to buy phosphorus, nitrogen and potassium and dose every week or only when the plant begin to show a deficiency? Do I even need all 3? I will be starting a new planted tank and the plants I will be using need medium lighting. Also will dose liquid CO2, so I understand they will need more fertilizer.

Thank you, I wanted to make sure before I buy my lighting.
Would I have to dose all 3 every week or when deficiency beings to show?

Waiting for deficiencies is not a good approach to dosing. Your plants will never look good and thrive with constantly being limited in one way or the next. Also algae will quickly take over.

If you can't commit to a ei style of dosing or similar approach I would avoid a higher tech tank and stick with a low tech setup.

I can commit to a higher tech, but I was just curious. And I want to make sure, that I know 100% what I am doing.

Just follow either pps pro or ei dosing schedules. They are both different and have their own pros and cons.

Back
Top Bottom