Is she pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pregnant?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

geo242

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I know you all see quite a few posts like this, but I have never had a fish procreate and don't know much about it. But I recently changed some stuff around in the tank and raised the temperature, and now one of my fish's belly looks bigger than it was. What do you think?

Attachments

• dsc00040__small__213.jpg
    dsc00040__small__213.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 66
No I don't believe she is pregnant as I believe that is a cichlid and most of them are mouth brooders. To the best of my knowledge cichlids are either mouthbrooders or egg layers.

Whatch and see if she's eatting if =it's not eatting . Changes are she's got a mouth full of fry. Whatch to see if when she opens her mouth if she releases any young. Changes are that's what it is. She hasn't ate and she has belly swellen from this. If it's been a while it could very well be that she/he has a mouth full of young. You coudld always net it and then with your for finger and your tumb force { lightly } it's mouth open to see if there's fry in it. If so changes are it's time to remove them. If it's been so long that it's belly is swallon from not eatting.

Back
Top Bottom