Is that idea right for amazon plants ?? (roots inside a net)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

minajaguar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is that idea right for amazon plants ... i have little substrate to submerge plants in it .so i get the plants and put the roots inside a net like thing and put some gravel in it and close it good to make it sink to the bottom ... As the photo // is it good or something harmful to the plants ???????

Attachments

• 2012_02_12_12.jpg
    2012_02_12_12.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 62
I'm not sure but I just put mine in like 25 inches of gravel and it doing great sorry I wasn't much help

Wow, never heard of such a thing. Amazons like their roots to "venture", searching for nutrients so u may have to plant them eventually. Just watch and see how they do. Thats the fun part about the hobby, doing things that work for u.

What would you plant them in also I'm looking for a floating live plant for cover for my dwarf gouramis

Try keeping what u have for now, u may have to put them in a larger sack as they grow. As for super easy floating plant, try hornwort. U can plant it or just let it drift around surface. Easy to get too.

OK sweet I tried PETCO today they don't carry any floating plants but they sell them online just trying to get ready for my 30 gallon just want everybody happy thanks James

Back
Top Bottom