Is there a good plant fert test kit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrzap

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is there a good kit that checks the levels of all the nutrients I need for my plants that is below or around $20?

That's a pretty tall order, the only test that comes close to that is Nitrate. Phosphate and Iron can be tested but is quite expensive. Potassium probably is the most difficult to test but doesn't really require testing.

Take a look here for a list of tests and their applications.

well, you should already have a FW master test kit, so pH, Kh, Gh, ammonia and nitrite are covered.
So then you just need Nitrate and Phosphate kits. The only reliable and inexpensive Phosphate kit is SeaChem, and it runs about $10.
I use AP's nitrate test kit, it should be under $10.

No need to buy an iron test kit. None of th einexpensive ones will read the low levels we need anyways, so its a waste unless you wanna drop $40 on a LaMotte iron kit.

since were in this subject, I have a small test kit that consist of ammonia, ph, nitrates and nitrites all liquid. I am setting up a 75g planted tank what individual test do I need to get? what brand are good?

Back
Top Bottom