Is there a way to bring Calcium levels down?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I went out and bought some IO salts and tested the same way I tested the Oceanic salts and I received a reading of 360ppm...same test kit. I e-mailed Oceanic and this was their response...Names have been omitted:

I am hoping it is just a bad bucket also, but the only formula of the content that I can give you is:

When you mix 0.29 pounds of Oceanic Sea Salt in 1 gallon of Reverse Osmosis water, it will yield a crystal clear solution with the following results:

Calcium 420-460 parts per million

If this doesn’t help you out in your concerns, you will need to probably talk to you local dealer.

I didnt ask what there ingredients were just wanted to know if I could have a bad bucket... oh well...

reefbound said:
IO salts and tested the same way I tested the Oceanic salts and I received a reading of 360ppm...same test kit
Sounds right on IME. I use IO and it always test between 340-360 ppm Ca. I add some Kent Turbo Calcium to get it to ~425 before use.
I am hoping it is just a bad bucket
I have been seeing the same complaint you have on many different forums for several months now atleast. I'm not sure a bad batch could remain "around" for that long but who knows...

[/quote]
I have been seeing the same complaint you have on many different forums for several months now atleast. I'm not sure a bad batch could remain "around" for that long but who knows...[/quote]

Well the LFS that sold me my 200 gal mix bucket said it was sitting around for "A while"... I guess it could be possible.maybe I could do a 3 Instant ocean to 1 Oceanic until its gone I would hate to toss a half bucket in the trash.

Back
Top Bottom