Is there more room for more stock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nu-Nu the eel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Currently have
7 glowlight tetras
5 hatchet fish
1 angel fish
1 feather fin catfish
1 pecock eel

Is there any room for a bn pleco, or someother type of schooling fish? Maybe another type of tetra? Oh and its a 40 gal! Thanks

I would not put another bottom dweller only because the featherfin can get rather large.

How about upping the two schools you have now?

I agree with Lynda. I think the bottom of your tank is full because of the adult sizes your current residents reach, so I would call it quits on bottom feeders if I was you.

Oh yea i was done with the bottom feeders, i was just curious about upper to middle fish and if the schools can be upped

Small fish will all eventually become snacks for the eel.

Peacock eels will not eat any fish. Their mouths are very small and not much can fit into them!

Peacock eels will not eat any fish. Their mouths are very small and not much can fit into them!

Really? I've seen one take multiple feeder goldies (well larger than most tetras). If they are hungry, they WILL predate. They should be kept with like sized fish in a larger aquarium IMO.

HN1 said:
Really? I've seen one take multiple feeder goldies (well larger than most tetras). If they are hungry, they WILL predate. They should be kept with like sized fish in a larger aquarium IMO.

Well are you talking about the striped peacock eel or the peacock eel. Big difference I have heard in aggressiveness.
I have a regular peacock eel!

I'm speaking of the peacock eel (Macrognathus siamensis). Predation is different than aggresion.

Yea my pecock eel has never even payed attention to my tetras! Haha and ok how many more hatchets or glowlights could i get?

I would do something like 10 glowlights and maybe 8 hatchets. You might could do a little more, like 3 otos, but I wouldn't just to stay on the safe side. I had a 50% survival rate with my otos, so I don't think I could recommend them.

Beta are not the best community fish in my experience.
Upping your schools would work you could also get a pleco like a bristle nose or clown or any that stay small!

FreshwaterTropical said:
Beta are not the best community fish in my experience.
Upping your schools would work you could also get a pleco like a bristle nose or clown or any that stay small!

Really a bnp?

Gboy66 said:
Really a bnp?

Yeah why not? Yeah but maybe a different algae eater or pleco that would not get as big because of the shortage of bottom level empty space!

Back
Top Bottom