Is there such a thing as a dwarf clownfisha.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have never heard of one. They come in different types and different sizes.

Don't think so, at all. The smallest species of clownfish are Ocellaris. They don't grow quite as large as the other species.

What size tank does a percula clownfish pair need?

A pair? I would suggest not. They are messy eaters and their bioloads are rather large for the size of fish that they are. I would highly suggest 20 gallons and higher for a pair. A single one however, could probably do fine in a 10G. An understocked 10G at that.

Yes. For the relatively small size of clownfish, they have larger bioloads. Not comparable to a tang of course... but still a large bioload for their size.

No worries. I'm getting a 29 gallon. Just a pair of clowns. Live rock, love sand, power heads,filter, heater, protein skimmer. So excited. Any tips on curing the live sand?

What kind of live sand? Is it live sand that's already in someones tank? Or is it the bagged kind?

Like that pearl white sand you order. Not the bagged none you get in stores.

Yes. For the relatively small size of clownfish, they have larger bioloads. Not comparable to a tang of course... but still a large bioload for their size.

Yeah i know about their bioload I just dont class them as messy eaters

Back
Top Bottom