is this a female hap 44. ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can usually tell when cichlids are not feeling well because they will often face the back of the tank. So if he is starring at the back of the tank a lot than something is wrong with him. Most likely a parasite.

You can usually tell when cichlids are not feeling well because they will often face the back of the tank. So if he is starring at the back of the tank a lot than something is wrong with him. Most likely a parasite.

Its completely healthy eats plenty doesn't face the back of the tank most of my fish try to hide in the back only when i go over with a camera. So i just can't get a good picture. its a female hap species i just wanted to know what kind when i bought it they said its a female hap 44. From looking on the internet i think this is most likely what it is i just wanted to confirm.

I will work on getting a better picture

I was looking at different pictures online and my fish also looks a bit similar to a female haplochromis limax.... But than again most haps from Victoria are hard to differentiate especially females.

One thing with mine which i can't seem to match to any of the others is her very upturned jaw she almost looks like she is holding but she isn't she just has a very strange face. :s

I was looking at different pictures online and my fish also looks a bit similar to a female haplochromis limax.... But than again most haps from Victoria are hard to differentiate especially females.

One thing with mine which i can't seem to match to any of the others is her very upturned jaw she almost looks like she is holding but she isn't she just has a very strange face. :s

Yea it looks like it to me but like you said females are really hard to tell. I'm glad you said something about not holding because I was gonna say..

Its completely healthy eats plenty doesn't face the back of the tank most of my fish try to hide in the back only when i go over with a camera. So i just can't get a good picture. its a female hap species i just wanted to know what kind when i bought it they said its a female hap 44. From looking on the internet i think this is most likely what it is i just wanted to confirm.

I will work on getting a better picture

Ok that's great that she is healthy. They are a little camera shy until they get use to you. They are so interesting and when they mature their colors really come out especially if they are happy in their environment. Be patient, some times you have to just sit there and wait for them to come around to the front of the tank.

I am not sure what the type she is but I could look her up in my book at home and see if she is in there. I will check it out and let you know.

Ok that's great that she is healthy. They are a little camera shy until they get use to you. They are so interesting and when they mature their colors really come out especially if they are happy in their environment. Be patient, some times you have to just sit there and wait for them to come around to the front of the tank.

I am not sure what the type she is but I could look her up in my book at home and see if she is in there. I will check it out and let you know.

Great :) thanks

Back
Top Bottom