is this a good 55g aqaurium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sholi

Aquarium Advice Activist
1 male veil tail angelfish
1 female butterfly fish
4 silver hatchetfish
6 diamond tetras
1 kissing gourami
3 (zebra striped?) khuli loaches

ratio=1male:3female

Right now i'm just thinking about stocking for a 55g i know how to take care of an aquarium. :)

A Good 55 G

Hello sholi...

Guess I didn't catch the drift of your question. Your number of fish seems a bit small to me. But, I keep several 55 Gs and have Fancy Guppies, about 1,000 or so individuals with various species of Corydoras. Would you like to see some pics???

B

sholi said:
1 male veil tail angelfish
1 female butterfly fish
4 silver hatchetfish
6 diamond tetras
1 kissing gourami
3 (zebra striped?) khuli loaches

ratio=1male:3female

Right now i'm just thinking about stocking for a 55g i know how to take care of an aquarium. :)

All I would suggest is upping the schools of schooling fish so you see them more active in the tank. Other than that I see no problems with the stock. However I'm not familiar with the butterfly fish but from what I've read it's a top dweller so I'm not sure how it would do with the angel who is also top-dwelling.

hmm... i see, because there have been some researching that butterfly fish might eat hatchetfish, i guess i'm gonna have to say no to the butterfly fish then...but i was thiking about having a similar, but different kind of community. but before i say so, what bottom or middle dweller fish will eat eggs like angelfish eggs? i wanna try adding more then 1 angelfish, maybe 3? 2females to 1 male.

i dont think i want khuli loaches anymore, knowing that tey're nocturnal, i also have noctornal pets too which i want to get daytime fish. not sayin im bored but its just that i wanna try something new besides noctunal pets.

yeah bbradbury i dont mind to see some pix.

yeah, but its too hard to tell the gender and will fight if i got them as the same gender...

sholi said:
yeah, but its too hard to tell the gender and will fight if i got them as the same gender...

I would think not. Territorial disputes if there are any would probably only be minor problems, when breeding is when they get aggressive.

The only sure way to get a pair is to get several angels and watch them pair off and remove the others. Loaches are peaceful ad long as they are kept in proper numbers.

yeah, i'm thinking bout getting other fish too. :)

Back
Top Bottom