Is this a good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tjm80

Aquarium Advice Freak
My LFS has a 75 gallon aquarium with stand and matching canopy for $400. It is a nice stand with plenty of room for a large sump. Is this a good deal? Or should I buy a 75 gallon tank from petsmart and build my own aquarium? My father in law has all the equipment I'd need for building one.

Far as I know Petsmart does'nt carry 75 gallon tanks in the store. 400 is not a bad deal at all. Because you will spend alot more than that on a brand new system, wich you may have to order. / Just make sure it does'nt leak and is good condition.

It's not bad at all i paid 300 for my 75 and it has no canopy...just the tank and stand.
Look at it this way the tank alone is going to run you about 150 so you are paying 250 for your stand and the canopy!

My LFS has a 75g with wooden stand and matching canopy on sale for $405. Petsmart near me has a 75g tank for $179.99 for just the tank.

My petsmart told me they would'nt stock a 75 hmmm. That's cool.... That's why I said you may have to order one. Lucky you you dont have to wait. Looks like you need to do the math.

Went to Petsmart last night and they had the 75 gallon tank sold as a 3 piece set, with lights and canopy (cheap black plastic junk) that I wasn't going to use anyway. And since I'm planning on having corals at some point, I know that the lights on it won't be sufficient anyway, so I didn't need either. But since it's sold as a 3 piece set and they only had the tank, I got them to sell it 30% off. :-D Got the tank and a 2 piece glass lid for $146 tax and all!

That's really cool. Do you have the model number and or sku number. I looking for somthing like that.

Back
Top Bottom