Is This A Good FOWLR Setup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettafanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm starting a ten gallon FOWLR tank, and the cycling is done and I already have two turbo snails and five hermit crabs. I just wanted to know if this is a good rock setup, and if I should add/rearrange anything. Thanks!

Here is the tank: 10 Gal FOWLR Tank picture by perrypic9297 - Photobucket

Please be completely honest with me. I really want to make sure everything is perfect before I add fish. If it helps, the fish I'm getting are one firefish, a common clownfish, and a clown goby. I'm also going to add a couple of cleaner shrimp next Sunday.

Thanks again!

Bettafanatic said:
I'm starting a ten gallon FOWLR tank, and the cycling is done and I already have two turbo snails and five hermit crabs. I just wanted to know if this is a good rock setup, and if I should add/rearrange anything. Thanks!

Here is the tank: 10 Gal FOWLR Tank picture by perrypic9297 - Photobucket

Please be completely honest with me. I really want to make sure everything is perfect before I add fish. If it helps, the fish I'm getting are one firefish, a common clownfish, and a clown goby. I'm also going to add a couple of cleaner shrimp next Sunday.

Thanks again!

Tank looks fine, your going to want to add slowly, not good happens fast in this hobby.

For a 10 gallon setup, that is both too many fish and fish that can't live in 10 gallons. Look at liveaquaria in the nano fish section, that'll help you with what will be able to live in comfort in the setup. The goby and firefish should be fine, the clown not so much. GL.

For a 10 gallon setup, that is both too many fish and fish that can't live in 10 gallons. Look at liveaquaria in the nano fish section, that'll help you with what will be able to live in comfort in the setup. The goby and firefish should be fine, the clown not so much. GL.

Is that so? Well doesn't that suck :( Thanks for letting me know, though.

I heard the adding the third clownfish was a little risky. Do you think I should replace it with a different fish or is two fish good? :thanks:

I would wait to see if you can keep the nitrates under control for over six months before thinking about a 3rd fish. And yes clowns require i would say 20g min. They like a decent amount of room.

Alright then. If I decide to get a third fish, would a neon blue goby work?

Also, while I have your attention, I just need to get a question out there. My heater heats to 80 F degrees, but sometimes it goes over and up to 82 F, and can also drop to 78 F without the heater realizing. Do you think I should get a new heater? Also, is 80 a good degrees to heat to because I'm thinking of getting a different one and only heating to 76. Advice?

Back
Top Bottom