is this a good tank mate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giffmastaflex

Aquarium Advice Freak
So far I have a 55 gallon, with 1 angel, 1 gold gurami, 1 rainbow shark, 1 African leaf fish, 1 African featherfin catfish, and 1 baby black ghost knife, they are all under 4 inches right now. I was wondering if any type of crawfish/ shrimp/ crab could co-exist. I really like the electric blue crawfish but had heard two different things.

So far I have a 55 gallon, with 1 angel, 1 gold gurami, 1 rainbow shark, 1 African leaf fish, 1 African featherfin catfish, and 1 baby black ghost knife, they are all under 4 inches right now. I was wondering if any type of crawfish/ shrimp/ crab could co-exist. I really like the electric blue crawfish but had heard two different things.
Um, I would say no, but it's a 50/50 chance thing though. I have heard many stories of the guy's/gal's crayfish grabbing and killing and eating slow fish, sick fish, sleeping fish, bottom dwelling fish with long flowing fins. That being said, I would not recommend you getting a crayfish. It's possible to keep one with your current fish, but I personally do not like to risk the life of fish, and if I were you, I wouldn't risk your Ghost Knife's life, as I know they are not cheap.

Also, just a quick-e thing on your current stock. You probably have heard this before, but your Ghost Knife is going to need a 100 gallon or larger tank when fully grown. Yes, I know the pet store says a 55 gallon is good enough, but it's not. If you do not get a bigger tank for it as it grows larger, its growth may (And probably will) stunt, and there is a possibility of premature death. Just a thought, take it or leave it.

I sure hope the Leaf fish will get along with all your other fish as it gets older, I have heard of its aggression issues.

Hope I helped a bit!

You did, thank you and I might sell my black ghost when he gets too big and so far my leaf fish stays to himself, let's hope he stays like that lol I was also thinking of an elephant nose, what you think of him?

Back
Top Bottom