Is this an anenome?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Txcachem

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This showed up on a rock. I don't know if it is bad or good. There are stripes on the tentacles.

Attachments

• image-2641129716.jpg
    image-2641129716.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 276
it is very cool looking, it has not caused any problems. It goes in and out of the rock. that is why I am not sure it is a coral.

I'm not a sw tank owner but it doesn't look like a coral give it a few days and watch it I think you might have a aneome as you thought **** cool looking congrats

I did get it from my LFS a few months ago but this little guy just showed up. I hope he's not a bad one. I Kinda like em

I cant spell the name of it but i know it is and its a bad one get rid of it before it spread.

That's an Aiptasia and you should get rid of it, Don't try and pull it out as this will only make it spread all over your tank. If you can remove the rock then you can burn it off with a lighter, if not then you can make a paste solution on Kalk and use a hypodermic and feed the Aiptasia. You can also buy Joes jusice on line or any of the products that can kill them. Also good idea to google "Aiptasia" and read up on them.

I had a bunch of glass anemones infest my tank from some new live rock and I just bought a couple decent sized peppermint shrimp and they devoured half in one night and the other half the next night! I hear that isn't always the case though but it sure worked out well for me!

Bergia snails do the job to if you can get them. But will starve to death once aptasia is gone

I've read that lemon juice works also. Buy a syringe and inject it right in the center; it should shrivel up and die.

Uh oh. Does that mean they will come back. We haven't seen them since monday.

Sometimes when they are injected, they spit out spores as a last ditch effort to continue the species, so you may have some others to nuke in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom