Is this anything but ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

btaryag

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all. Can this be anything other than ICH? I'm asking because I've kept the tank at 87 degrees for six days now and this has only gotten worse on this ram, and has started to affect my apisto as well. I'm not doing any treatments other that raising the temperature.

My 38 gallon tank is 6 months old. ammonia nitrites and nitrates are very low. I have 2 bosemani rainbows, 10 neon tetras, 7 harlequin rasboras, 1 Betta, 1 ram, 1 apisto, 1 algae eater. I change 25 percent of the water every week.

I read in multiple places that a temperature of 86 or above should stop new ich from affecting fish. So why do I keep getting new white dots? Any help would be much appreciated.

It takes 10 days of elevated temps to kill off the ick. It usually gets worse before it gets better.

Strips are not accurate, I would invest in the api master liquid test kit if you can get it where you live, they are a bit expensive not over 30.00 but are very accurate and In my opinion a must have for your aquarium, as far as ich, there's a few ways to treat it the temp increase is good but what you aren't being told is you need to do like a 10% water change daily with a good vacuum so the ich that's fallen off cannot reattach.

Screw the test for now, get some kordon rid ich in there asap, that is pretty bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Kordon rid ich +, tank temp to 85, if non planted you can add aquarium salt which also is a treatment for ich to a level of 1%, every day before you add your next dose of rid ich do a 10% water change, only dose the tank once with salt

But get a liquid test kit because ammonia and nitrite shouldn't be "low" they should be 0

I wouldn't do anything but the rid ich, temp around 80. No salt. That stuff works well on its own. Hurry hurry

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've never had ich but I did have to use rid ich + once because of something going on in my tank cause the + treats more than just ich, you can get rid ich + I believe at Walmart and he's brookster is correct I wouldn't even look at this post until you have the bottle in your hand, meaning get it like yesterday and dose the tank.

Back
Top Bottom