Is this Apitasia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tjm80

Aquarium Advice Freak
All the other pictures I've seen of it - it has more of a yellowish color to it. This is clear.

Kurt, this was taken with my cell phone. My wife has a beast of a camera, but she's not here to snap a picture, and I don't have the advanced 4 year degree required to work her camera! lol

I will try to get a clearer pic and post it shortly.

That was meant for jphendren, not Kurt btw. :)

Last edited:
I didn't notice that you could click on the image to view it larger. Yes, it does have the appearance of aiptasia, or a glass anemone. They range from somewhat clear to a light brown color in my experience. They have long stringy tentacles. I use Aiptasia X on them in my tank, works great for me. I know some on here don't like it, but it kills them pretty effectively in my opinion.

Good deal. I can apparently take a better picture with my cell phone than her camera. Couldn't see it at all on hers. lol

I don't have anything to kill it tonight, unless squirting lemon juice ON it will work. I have a syringe, just not one with a needle.

I took the rock out and burned it. So far it hasn't come back out of it's little hole. Hopefully it's dead.

Back
Top Bottom