Is this Fin Rot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Plecostomus129

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a Common Plecostomus That I just moved into a new 45 gallon tank 4 days ago. He seems to be doing fine, and the chemicals all appear to be the same as his old tank with no Nitrate, nitrite, and minimal alkalinity with neutral pH. I just noticed that a part of his fin seemed ripped yesterday after I got back home (I was gone for a day and a half). He is swimming just fine, and acting normal. I have a picture of his fin attached. The rip is at the top of his top fin near the left side.
Please Respond!
Thanks!
-Plecostomus129

image-2428035634.jpg

It looks like a torn fin, no apparent infection. Fins heal and regenerate very quickly, so keep conditions nice and clean an feed as normal.

There seems to be two hole in the rear part of the dorasl too - or is that a reflection on the photo?

It looks like a torn fin, no apparent infection. Fins heal and regenerate very quickly, so keep conditions nice and clean an feed as normal. There seems to be two hole in the rear part of the dorasl too - or is that a reflection on the photo?
No, you're right, those are holes, but he has had those in his fin since I got him a year ago. Although, I have noticed that his body appears to have white spots on it. I would immediately conclude that it is ich, but I looked at pictures of him from when he was in his old tank, and they showed that he appeared to have the spots on him then as well. Could these spots just be his skin pattern amplified by the fluorescent light in the tank? I did have LED lighting in the old tank, and the hue of the color in both tanks were different. I will attach both pictures of the fish from the new and old tanks.

image-1530561069.jpg
My fish in the old tank about 6 months ago

image-2080029602.jpg
My fish in the new tank today

Back
Top Bottom