Is this Fish TB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sbd

Aquarium Advice Newbie
This neon danio has been in our tank about 13 months. He obviously looks ill. I cleaned the tank bare handed today with a cut on my hand and now I’m a bit alarmed to find out about fish TB. If you think it is what this fish has causing spots or curved spine, how do I disinfectant everything

Should there be a photo attached to your post? Do you mean a glofish danio?

On the face of it, curved spines are a very common genetic abnormality in zebra danios, especially as they age. More so with the GM modified glofish versions. These fish are extremely inbred and genetic issues like curved spines are rife. Danios are annual fish in the wild (they normally only live 1 year) but live much longer in aquariums, so any manifesations like these are much more likely in aquarium kept fish.

I think the only way to tell if your fish has TB is a biopsy. And i believe that transmission of TB from fish to humans only occur with marine TB not freshwater. If you are concerned you might have contracted TB i would suggest you contact a doctor for advice, not a aquarium forum, but i think its unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom