Is this hitch hiker dangerous? Is this a parasite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trioracles

Aquarium Advice Activist
Okay so I got a few new plants for my goldfish tank, and when I presaged in water, I saw these little things moving. They look like baby shrimp but they might be a parasite. I soaked my new plants in hydrogen peroxide to clean my plants. Previously I used 1/21 bleach but then it killed my anacharis because it was such a fragile plant. This time I got more anacharis but I don't wanna kill it will bleach again so I'm using hydrogen peroxide. Anyway, it killed the germs but it didn't kill the shrimp like parasite thing. Is it harmful?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413786520.995331.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Okay so I got a few new plants for my goldfish tank, and when I presaged in water, I saw these little things moving. They look like baby shrimp but they might be a parasite. I soaked my new plants in hydrogen peroxide to clean my plants. Previously I used 1/21 bleach but then it killed my anacharis because it was such a fragile plant. This time I got more anacharis but I don't wanna kill it will bleach again so I'm using hydrogen peroxide. Anyway, it killed the germs but it didn't kill the shrimp like parasite thing. Is it harmful?View attachment 253497

Presoaked*

Looks like a scud, although a closer pic is needed for full confirmation. They're harmless and a common inhabitant in planted tanks. They also make good treats for most fish.

Yeah, that's a scud. They are harmless, I have a growing colony of them in a tank with my baby RCS and they are all still alive. They are also great live food for your fish, though the goldfish will probably make a appetizer out of them

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Omg thanks you three. Got scared for a moment lol

Back
Top Bottom