is this ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phish7740

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have had this angel for 1 week and he has been looking ok untill today i think i see some spots on him..it looks like ich?

all my othe fish look clean.

so should i just remove him and treat? with what?

i have a 10g QT that has been set up for 2-3 weeks now...

Attachments

• angel_ich_199.jpg
    angel_ich_199.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 38
  • angel_ich2_373.jpg
    angel_ich2_373.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 33
That looks like ich to me. If it is really ich and you want to QT, you will have to QT all fish and treat them with copper based medicine or hyposalinity.

yea now i just have to figure out how to get them all out of the tank

i know people have asked but do any of the reef safe meds work, if so is there a trick to it?

well....this morning...no spots.

so either the cleaner shrimp got them all last night or they were just airbubbles.

It could still be ick. Ick will attach to the fish and then fall off to the bottom where 200 tomites will come from each parasite. In a few days you might see them back on your fish with a vengence. Be aware

thanks i think im going to get a UV sterilizer also...just in case...for parisite prevention

anyone recomend a size/model

i have been thinking of the 36 watt and hooking it up to my fuval 405 (rated at 290 gal/hr)
but i hear they dont produce that much flow with all the pads in?

Research on the Gamma UV. I've had both the Turbo Twist and Gamma in the past. With the Gamma, all the fitting are included. With the Turbo Twist, it was a pain looking for the right fittings.

yea i spent about an hour in lowes getting parts....but fortunatly i only had to make one trip.

i hooked it up with two ball valves so i can control the flow through...i got it set at 60 gal/hr.

Back
Top Bottom