Is this injury of something nasty.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VOZIE

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi can anyone help. I got this tiger Oscar two days ago and now I am a little concerned. My water and tank are fine. Cycled good perimeters etc. could anyone tell me if the marks on the side of the fish is something I should be worried about. It's only one side. Sorry about bad photo he got spooked and kicked up a load of sand.

Attachments

• image-301365881.jpg
    image-301365881.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 83
The picture is fuzzy but it looks like the start of Head And Lateral Line Errosion(HLLE), please try to take a clear photo and that if possible.

Last edited:
Oh great. I have had him 48hrs. I suspect this may have been brought with the fish or can this come on in just 48hrs

Ok need advise on treatment if possible. Seen meds at lfs any better then others. Very worried for this fish now.

Oh great. I have had him 48hrs. I suspect this may have been brought with the fish or can this come on in just 48hrs

Ok need advise on treatment if possible. Seen meds at lfs any better then others. Very worried for this fish now.

If this wasn't there when you bought the fish two days it's a injury, HLLE won't start that quick.

A clear photo would help if that's possible?

Last edited:
Hi can anyone help. I got this tiger Oscar two days ago and now I am a little concerned. My water and tank are fine. Cycled good perimeters etc. could anyone tell me if the marks on the side of the fish is something I should be worried about. It's only one side. Sorry about bad photo he got spooked and kicked up a load of sand.

My oscar had this, where the scales were kind of "missing" but with regular water changes he healed completely :]

Back
Top Bottom