Is this Java Fern?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super_Blueberry

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got this from a friend who 'thinks' this is java fern. I love the look of it in my tank, so I just wanted to make sure I don't kill it. I did a google search and my leaves don't quite have the wrinkled look like the pictures show.

Attachments

• image-3413013287.jpg
    image-3413013287.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 78
  • image-21887111.jpg
    image-21887111.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 73
Agree with laoski ... looks more like a sword from that picture. However a simple test is does it have a rhizome? From the picture it doesn't appear to, so I'd say it's a sword meaning tying it to DW will not help. Swords are root feeders so they need to be planted into the substrate so the roots can extract nutrients. BTW ... root tabs are really beneficial.

jcolon said:
Agree with laoski ... looks more like a sword from that picture. However a simple test is does it have a rhizome? From the picture it doesn't appear to, so I'd say it's a sword meaning tying it to DW will not help. Swords are root feeders so they need to be planted into the substrate so the roots can extract nutrients. BTW ... root tabs are really beneficial.

I know, that's why I want to know what it is, so I can plant it correctly. Does this angle help?

Attachments

• image-441187976.jpg
    image-441187976.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom