Is this normal for a Java Fern?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Silthrim

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've had this fern for like 3 weeks now. When I first got it, I planted it in my gravel :O

Like a week ago I found out not to bury it in the gravel so I moved it to the top of my fake mountain and held it there with fishing line. Is it dying?

Attachments

• image-3505468687.jpg
    image-3505468687.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 92
Your java fern looks quite healthy to me unless there is something that I can't see in the pic. I am not sure how well it will attach to the plastic?. It would probably do better on a piece of driftwood.

Great! Just wondering. Some of the leaves were starting to turn brown and I was afraid that I killed it by having it in the gravel for like 2 weeks.

The small blackness at the tips of some of the leaves is normal. Might be adjustment or deficiency caused. If there are black nodes under the leaves and not on top, those are a form of showing it's going to make new plants. Other than that you have a very beautiful java fern and it looks great in that spot.

The dark spots are where it reproduces with baby plants. Keep watching and you'll soon see leaves growing from the spots.

Back
Top Bottom