Is this safe??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Due to upgrading to a bigger filter it no longer fits in my hood slot provided for the original small filter. So I have to set the hood laying on top of the filter like this... I have lemon tetras, and dwarf frogs in my 10 gallon tank. Is this gap safe? They won't jump out like this will they? Also, do they sell hoods with bigger openings for bigger filters?? Thanks guys!

Attachments

• image-2091457111.jpg
    image-2091457111.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 54
If your frogs are adf they may just jump out I have had mine jump out while feeding to doing anything where the hood was open

is that the hood with the two incandescent bulbs? if you get the 10 g hood that has the t8 fixture, those ones have bigger slots for filters. or ghetto rig it and cut it to size if there are no cords in the way :) better than losing a frog

is that the hood with the two incandescent bulbs? if you get the 10 g hood that has the t8 fixture, those ones have bigger slots for filters. or ghetto rig it and cut it to size if there are no cords in the way :) better than losing a frog

Yes it has to long bulbs back to back

Back
Top Bottom