Is this tank too much for African dwarf frogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PilotGav

Aquarium Advice Regular
We have two African dwarf frogs in a very small tank.

I was wondering if I can move them to this freshwater 29 gallon tank, or is it too well planted for them to be able to get up to the top to breath?

I'm worried that they may get caught underneath the plant or an ornament and not build a make it up to the top.

Sorry, here's a picture. The tank is 18 inches high.

Attachments

• image-1643007080.jpg
    image-1643007080.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 524
It will be too much for them. They could work in a 5 gallon. If you really are dead set on having them in the 29, you could do this: get something tall that leaves a couple inches of water above it. Think of a shallow spot. They will come to this spot to breath and you could feed them here. Hope I make since.

Tetra1990 said:
It will be too much for them. They could work in a 5 gallon. If you really are dead set on having them in the 29, you could do this: get something tall that leaves a couple inches of water above it. Think of a shallow spot. They will come to this spot to breath and you could feed them here. Hope I make since.

+1 They work good in a 5G!

I just found a great deal on a 10 gallon kit! I'll put them in that with a betta

No, it shouldn't be too much for them, but would actually need to be more heavily planted, and preferably with live plants. With lots of tall and floating plants they can rest near the surface to breathe easier when they are feeling lazy. It's especially important if going with a taller tank. I float pennywort for them, and they love hanging out in there. Either way, if your keeping your frogs with fish take care that they are getting enough to eat. A betta and most fish can easily outcompete the frogs for food. They need to be target fed, using a turkey baster works well. Good luck getting the food in them and not overfeeding the betta in the 10 gal set up. It can be tricky.

Back
Top Bottom