is this too much light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jose227

Aquarium Advice Regular
I HAVE A 4 FEET T 5 HO REEF LIGHT
IT IS A 8 BULB 54 WATTS EACH WITH 2 SEPRATE ON AND OFF SWITCHES
THE BRAND IS CURRENT
Will this be too much light for this 50 gallon tank.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131010_122600.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131010_122600.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 78
It wont be toomuch if you want to keep corals and anemones. :)

That light should be perfect in my opinion, I am jealous, LOL, wish I had an 8 bulb fixture. haha

Prepare to be more jealouse. I git all of it free.... so I was thinking of raising it above the tank. Like on brakets.

It should stand on legs, not on the tank itself. :) Just like what you have in the picture. Less hassle in my opinion.

ANd yep, more jealous now! I did get a 125g setup for $25 though, so I have a few deals that were envy inducing too. ;-)

I want to run a sump. But I dont want something too complicated. I know nothing about it. Ive had my 20 gallon set up only 3 months. Im still very new to this hobby.

Not sure if that tank can be drilled but if it cant you'll need a hangon overflow to bring the water down to the sump. Thats the most complicated part of a sump. lol

An empty 20g tank would be a good sized sump or even a 40 breeder tank. The more water volume the better. Also depends on what will fit underneath your tank in the stand so I'd measure that available space and see what will fit/ :)

The stand is only 13 inches deep. But it is 5 feet wide. Its some kind of kitcken cabinet. I still want to reinforce to me sure it holds the weight

Back
Top Bottom