Is this what I think it is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spotted

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is this the dreaded Aiptasia? It's my first one. Came in on a coral frag from Reefs 2 go.
So lemon juice or boiling water in a syringe into the center of the beast, yes?

Attachments

• Mojano.jpg
    Mojano.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 125
I'd also let reefs2go know and ask to be reimbursed.

Do I need a syringe with a needle or can I just squirt the juice into it's mouth. Also should I remove the piece from my tank and perform the job in another tank?
Anyone know where I can get a syringe with a needle if I need one?

Get some aiptasia x you will get 1 with it turn over your wave maker and squirt it in his mouth jobs a good 1 gl

Do you think they will actually do something with regard to a refund or something? Other than theanemone it was a great deal. 49 cent per polyp 10 po;yp minimum for Long Haired Green Eyed Girl.

Did you just put them in because they are closed up and don't look all that great...:( I guess you get what you pay for...

No, they look great. They opened up within a few hours. So far except for 1 deal all the corals I got from them have been really good deals. I got some fire and ice zoas that were kinda small and a Regal Tang that was less than an inch. It got sucked into the overflow the other day. I was sad to see it go. Otherwise it was doing pretty good.

I got a piece from live aquaria that had a aptasia on it an they gave me the choice of giving me credit or reimbursing the total on my card.

I will give it a shot, but I think I got it taken care of.
I nuked some lemon juice in the microwave to heat it up. I heard boiling water works too so I figured both together would work really well. I took my needleless syringe and stuck it in the thing's mouth and to my surprise it looked like it grabbed on to the tip and I squeezed. I could see the stalk of the thing swell and the tenticles turn dark brown and shriveled up. Foe good measure, I did it again. The stalk swelled up again. Then I let it sit for a few minutes. I decided I wanted to try and pull it out of there, but couldnt figure what to use. I didn't want to use tweezers. Then I figured an eye dropper. I actually sucked the whole thing out of the coral. I didn't expect that to work, but it did.
I hope that takes care of it.
I'm still gonna try and see what they will do for me..

Back
Top Bottom