ISO: Cerith and/or Trochus Snails!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coralena

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We really need some Cerith and/or Trochus snails! We added some new stuff to our tank and have a bad outbreak of Cyano which we really need to get rid of but are seriously lacking on cleaners! IF you or anyone you know is selling some of these snails please let me know. =) Thanks a bunch!

we have queen conchs it was a mistake to buy them got misinformation from the site selling them they grow fast 8O ours have almost doubled in size from when we got them aprox 3 months ago going to start taking them in to the lfs for free just to get rid of them have heard they can get to be as big as a football and we have 4 in a 75 :oops:

*sighs*

I just want to get rid of this Cyano =( We hardly have any cleaners yet and they don't seem to put a dent in it. What else eats cyano? We are running a 50gallon right now but will have our 150g up as soon as we move.

If you decide on a conch, a fighting conch would be a better choice as they don't get so large...about 4" I think. AFAIK, they won't eat cyano though. Cyano is usually caused by excess nutrients in the water. Have you checked your nitrates? Although I haven't had any experience with cleaners that will eat cyano, GARF claims that the Mexican Red Leg Hermit will eat it. Possibly someone else here has had experience with this crab and can comment further.

Back
Top Bottom