It came, It came, It came

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefobsessed

Aquarium Advice Freak
Better then X-mas.. I just got my rock.. WOW... In just opening the bag and putting it in the tank I have found 7 crabs, 3 brittle stars and 6 claims or muscles, 3 snails.. Thats not really even looking hard. Cant wait to see what corals pop up.... Worth every dime..... :smilecolros:

Is this the keys rock from liverocks.com? I know i'm getting mine tomorrow. I'll post pics in another thread when i do.

Jim

It is Key rock from Liverocks.com I will try to post pic tomorrow. I got 90 lbs & 1/2 is heading straight to my house. :D .... I have better lighting so I cant wait to see what shows up in a month or so....... :lol:

because it hasn't sat in a tank for a few months, it's covered with life, and it's cheaper, even after the cost of shipping.

Jim

Getting 100 lbs of LR from liverocks.com tomorrow!!! Should be able to put it right in my tank. :D

WildFlower

:evil: I am so *&(*&(*& mad.....I split an order with my boss. In my box was the instruction sheet that said to drop it right in your main tank. Not knowing that, I did what I read on this site and without seeing that sheet until I got home , put the office rock in a rubber maid tub.... Well the cheap ()*(* heater was on all night. Came in this morning to a smell...... The water was at least 95 to 100... All stars & crabs are dead.... I wish I would have just thrown it in the main tank... Well the good news is all of the bristle worms were out and it was a breeze to pluck them off.... Good thing I got two boxes so I can bring in some of the life on mine... :cry:

Got my Keys rock yesterday too. I know how you feel. This rock is unbeatable. lots of life and beautiful colors. I highly recommend Liverocks.com to anyone who wants the best.

BK

Received my order a few hours ago and brought it home to temporarily place into a container with heated tank water & a powerhead till tonight.
Gotta say, everything Zack said about this rock is true. There is almost no noticeable smell when you open the box and the packing is unbelievable. It's better packed than live fish. I remember years ago when I ordered LR from some place in CA and it was shipped via air freight same day in which I had to pick up @ the airport. You would think this is fresh but I received them in 5 gallon pails and when I opened them up, boy the stink.
Today's order from liverock.com came with very nice sized pieces. LOL, you needed to go through the paper towels to get all the little crabs! I also think I caught a mantis shrimp, at least I think, from someones description of a club like claw. Can't wait till I get this into the tank tonight.
Can anyone tell me if I should not put the brittle stars and crabs in with the LR that's going into my FOWL that has large angels & a Harlequin tusk? If they are going to treat them as appetizers, then I dump them into my mini-reef.

I got mine today too. Lots of dead crabs and shrimp, but almost as many live ones. The rock is beautiful. The worst thing about it is deciding which side to place so you can see it. I didnt weed out a single thing. Ill let my fish deal with that. Ill never buy rock from anywhere else.

I have very happy your rock looks good!!! I hope you experince in dealing with me was good.
Thanks again!
Zack

I have very happy your rock looks good!!! I hope you experince in dealing with me was good.
Thanks again!
Zack

IMO, coraline coverage was moderate, but I think I found a baby brain coral on one piece of LR. Nice amount of orange sponge covering.

Back
Top Bottom