It is all about skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everybody. I need your advice. I'm looking for a new skimmer for my 125g reef with fishes tank. I read a lot and decided to go with Octopus. I know that a lot of you think this is the best skimmer. But there is so many diffrent models. Can you point good one for my tank? Thank you.

I have the Reef Octopus NWB-150 6. I use it in the sump and am very pleased with it. For me all the parameters just fit...well recommended, size, in-sump, easy to clean, good pump, etc.

Hope that helps

Steve

Thank you Sdergar. Is the pump quiet? The one I have is so noisy but it is my LFS brand.

It's a nice skimmer. As long as it is rated for more then 125 gallons. Always buy a skimmer rated for MORE teh your tank size.

SRO XP2000 Cone, awesome unit on my 120.
img_1177702_0_e7523434e135bfc7744e201dcacd30c5.jpg

img_1177702_1_64902251d516c85e09ddead968caf027.jpg

Just an update on the noise level from before. I opened my cabinet doors and the only sound really coming from the unit is the air being sucked into the system. Very quiet really. Just a couple of notes. You want the unit siting in about 6-8" of water in the sump. I had to raise mine with egg crate. And once started you want to adjust the water half way up the narrow part of the neck. I've found that I put the internal water level at about the same height as the bottom of the large cup. Sounds more complicated than it is. It really is quite nice.

Steve

It looks great. But a price is out of my range. I love my tank but I'm sure the one we talked about it will be good for my tank too. But I like the design.

Back
Top Bottom