It really is amazing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
how large African Cichlid mouths are. I just fed the 150 and was watching them afterwards. This small female that we have was going around gobbling up a lot of food. I found it odd considering she usually eats a piece then is satisfied. After about 15 minutes I see three orange balls float up from the bottom and hte female scurry off. Figured maybe the food was trapped somewhere and it was just released. Then about 5 minutes later she was alone in a corner and spit 9 pieces of food. Now, I'm not talking the small NLS pellets, we feed the Jumbo (4.5mm) pellets. I had no idea that their mouths were that big.

I guess she is like most kids. They take more than they can eat

They usually eat more than they can handle. I had a juvenile front before who died because he got food stuck in his mouth. When I took him out you could see the food stuck in his mouth. Be careful, when feeding. I know their mouth expands, but be sure the size of the food would be ok for their mouth size.

Back
Top Bottom