Its an amazing thing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hsherman1986

Aquarium Advice FINatic
...when you bring one of your favorite fish back to life.

I got up this morning to go to work, took a shower, got ready to go, and on my way out the door, I see something shiny on the floor. I look at it, and it is my male blue gularis, just laying there, lifeless. I immediatly remember a thread I saw on here where someone brought their fish back to life by swishing them back and forth in their tank water. So I picked him up, he was still moist, but defintly not breathing anymore. I put him back in the tank, nothing. I start to move him back and forth, and he twitches. I keep going, he starts to slowly gasp. About 5 minutes later, he got sick of being held and swam away from me! YES!! By this point, I am almost running late for work, so I had Danny (my husband) dose the tank with pima fix (his skin looked bad, his eyes were cloudy, and he kept running into the tank walls) and we left.

Came back home, and immediatly went to check on him. He is doing much better now, still kinda swimming in circles. I think he might be partially blind in his left eye. It looks sunken in, like it had started to dry up when I found him. He reacts to my finger on the bottom of the tank, so I know he can at least partially see.

I won't be able to enter him in the local show I was going to this fall, but he is at least alive!! And I have all of you to thank!! I would have just called it a loss and flushed him a year ago, just because i would not have known this trick!!

well, his eyes have cleared up drastically, his left one has a red pocket at the bottom that I am worried about. He seems to be reacting well to the pimafix. My female was giving him a bit of a hard time, so I took her out and put her in her own tank so that he could heal. His fins are kinda ragged, but he seems to already be improving.

I will keep you all updated on how he is doing, and if anyone has been through this before, and has any tips, please feel free to chime in. I am really keeping my fingers crossed for him right now.

Back
Top Bottom