It's been awhile....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mazdaman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Lately I've been way too busy to find any time do be on my fav site and I have missed it. In the last month I have made some progress with my 75gal and I'm here to share....

1 of my 5 panda cories passed a little while ago. He had a case of popeye that seemed to be clearing up quite nice but one day when I got home from work his body was lifeless on the gravel.... RIP.... The others are all growing and are very active....
I got 2 new additions to the tank last week - 2 denisoni barbs (red-lined torpedo barbs)http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/pages/show_article.php?article_id=137
I love them, they are very active and get along incredibly with my rainbows. They were very pricey due to the fact that they haven't been bred in aquaria yet so these are wild caught but the colors are brilliant and they will be sort-of the center piece fish of the tank....
Hope all is going well with everyone here and I hope to be on here more in the near future.....

My girlfriend has 5 denisonii barbs now, and 5 more on the way from an importer. They're superb fish, and your 75 is, I'm sure, a wonderful home for them. I'm sure they're loving it! She paid about $30 each for the large ones (4-5") and is paying about $15 each for the smaller ones (3-4"). All in all a good deal, considering their rarity. But they are *obviously* becoming a new mainstay in the hobby. I am seeing them pop up everywhere now--several auctions on Aquabid, and 2 sightings in local stores. And now a mention on AA! Hopefully, as the market for them expands, the price will lower, so we can all enjoy them.

If you can, breed them! That'd be a great way to prevent wild stock depletion.

thanks guys, yeah I love them alot. I paid 50 cdn for each so they are a pricey feature but there is no cost you can put on the enjoyment.....
Jc I have been popping quickly just to read your updates and all looks good with your tank..... I'm hoping to get some good quality phots soon to show off the nicest "fake" planted tank around.... (well at least it's my fav)

Denisonii rule!!! They're cute, active, colorful, have a great personality, and, very important, they are very resilient. My poor guy, 2 serpae, and one gourami were the only survivors of whatever wiped out my tank a few months ago!

Now all is well in fishy land (water) and everybody is happy.

You're going to love your denisonii, Mazda!

Welcome back! :mrgreen:

denisonii ROCK! they are such beautiful fish, especially if you like active schooling fish. can't wait to have a huge school of them! btw--they LOVE peas! i feed my plecos peas and the denisonii go crazy for them--so i always have to drop in extras. weird, huh?

http://fishbase.org/Photos/ThumbnailsSummary.cfm?ID=24148

absolutely BEAUTIFUL fish. they get to about 5", and they're very active swimmers. i have 5 in a 29 gal tank, and while they are perfectly happy, i think it's too small for them and am setting up a 125 gal tank (i actually have 2 29 gals with 5 in each). they also seem pretty friendly for barbs, although i'm waiting to see if they are fin nippers...so far they seem pretty chill with smaller fish. they don't bother plants, and although they're large and can move VERY fast, they don't uproot the more delicate ones--so that's another plus. get them get them get them :)

Back
Top Bottom