It's small, it's funny... but what is it???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

funzy021

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just noticed that little thing in my tank this weekend. As you can see on the picture (in the centre), it's look like a little white flower that come out of my live rock and open like an umbrella. And when I pass by my tank it disapears real fast. It's pretty funny to watch.

There are so many different types of these cool worms. I must have 15 different species in my tank. That stripey one that you have is one of the prettier ones, though :)

Mine just came in on my rock. We have red ones, white, brown, striped, and some that seem to have 2 fans coming out of 1 tube. They are all pretty small and dont'seem to propagate easily, although we do have a large colony of white billowy ones - they sometimes "spawn" together. Haven't noticed 'babies' but I've only had that rock a couple months.

HEre's a pic of the bottom of the colony. some of the worms have gone into their tubes due to the forraging antics of Moto, my scooter blenny. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom