It's so on now - 72g Reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh man, I'm addicted. I can't stop!! Help Me (?)

A few weeks ago one of the LFS sponsored a group buy on reef crystals, 160g mix for $35. Well, today was pickup day, and who can go into a store without buying something?

IMG_2707.JPG

IMG_2708.JPG

IMG_2709.JPG

Hmmm...Why didn't I hear about such a great deal on salt mix?

Those pics...I've seen them somewhere before...

Awesome pick ups! The ric will not last in your tank. I must come and get it to save it's life.

Oh man, I'm addicted. I can't stop!! Help Me (?)

A few weeks ago one of the LFS sponsored a group buy on reef crystals, 160g mix for $35. Well, today was pickup day, and who can go into a store without buying something?

Is reef crystals the better salt mix to use? I have two 200g buckets of Kent I got for $45 for both so I couldnt pass it up.

Thanks

everyone has their preferences. Asking which salt is better is like asking if chocolate or vanilla is better. RC is all I've ever used, so I can't compare.

After reading the specs on several different salt brands stating we have this, or specially made for that, I was beginning to wonder if its just marketing at work.

Thanks

Nice pick ups. Great price on the salt. I need some and am hoping TFP will have good deals on salt for the swap. I think I'm going to switch to Reef Crystals...if the price is right ;)

Gonna check out what I can get RC for since you pros like it (wholesale friends rule:D).

You still divin neilanh? You obviously did tropical judging by the excellent vis in pics on your website. Here in the Puget Sound the vis is decent in winter but come summer so does the alge and nowhere near the beauty of tropical dives. Usually see huge octopus and wolf eels on night dives. The eels are great as they are so friendly. Give em a crab and they will be your friend forever. They will take crab by hand but a little scary at first only cuz they look like an insane pitbull. Hoping for the Great Barrier Reef someday!

I havent' dove in like 2.5 years, I'm long overdue. Most of my diving has been up and down the east coast, Florida mainly, South and North Carolina, etc. I dove off of Kotok Island out in Indonesia many years ago too when I was there on a business trip.

/sigh I can't stop. More new corals yesterday.

ORA Marshall Island (Left) and a Green Styrophela
IMG_2790.JPG

Big rock full of a few different Zoas
IMG_2791.JPG

ORA pearlberry
IMG_2793.JPG

New Rics:
IMG_2794.JPG

IMG_2795.JPG

Very nice corals.

There is nothing wrong with you. Nothing at all.....

(If you are ok then it means the rest of us are ok)

Nice new additions!!

Make sure the Marshall Island gets lots of flow. I found mine does better the more flow and light it gets. I have mine directly under one MH with flow aimed almost directly at it.

Back
Top Bottom