Itty Bitty Creatures on my glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
Title says it all. LOL I just noticed hundreds if not thousands of these little tiny white lice looking things all over my glass. My gramma has been pecking at them, I thought it was just air bubbles til i took a really really close look.

Please tell me these are pods or something hehe...

I also found alot of bigger white looking things on some of my live rock. Those guys are pods right?

Thanks for everyones help!

The little things that look like lice are most likely copepods. Bigger things that look like miniature shrimp or fleas are probably amphipods.

Yeah, the ones on the rocks are bigger than the ones on the glass. So these are good things then? there seems to be an awful lot of them

Found some in my tank. No idea how they got in. (no live rock, no live sand, tank is cycling!) I thought they were just sand particles getting in place, there seems to be hundreds! :)

I was watching a movie on animal planet called blue planet and they had deep sea amphipods. They werent small though. It was like a enlarged one. About 2 feet instead! Really interesting though

Back
Top Bottom