I've got crabs!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sqrle

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am kind of new to salt water fish, well I am brand new and am just setting up a new tank. I put in some live rock the other day, and later that night I was taking a look around and noticed a very small crab in there. As soon as I turned the light on to get a better look it disapeared into a crevice in the rock. I am hoping this is not too much of a bad thing. I am not sure of what kind it is, but it had black on it's pinchers and it looked a bit furry, and the main clour was white. It is about the size of my thunbnail. Does anybody know what type of crab this is and what I should do. I have no idea of how to get rid of this thing. It moves so fast and hides in the rock. I have only seen it 2 times in the last week and it was in different places each time so I have no clue if it has made an offiical home yet. I just do not want to start stocking with hermit crabs and fish and stuff and have this thing get big and destroy my tank and the marine life that I am going to ty so hard to keep. What sould I do??

:zook:

That doesn't sound like a good crab to me. You may want to remove and put it in your sump.

Black on the pinchers tend to mean a predatory crab....Of course without a pic it's only a guess.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom