IYO best power filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Brain storming :brows: ideas for new tank and want to know what power filter you think is best.

Please refrain from telling me to get a fluval canister. ;) I know this and it's not the point of the question and would make what I want to do harder. Thank you! (y)

Aquaclear +2

For HOB power filters - in my own opinion, Aquaclears are the best and most versatile. The size of the filter/media box alone is worth buying one. You can put nearly anything in them such as bio-media, chemi-pure, use floss on the bottom and whatever you want in bags. Simple, usually quiet and affordable. I've used then almost exclusively since I first started keeping a marine tank over 30 years ago. Used to use them "plumbed" into undergravel filters when that was about the only affordable option. Figured why by a powerhead when the aquaclear does the same thing, plus you get to customize media. They work good enough to keep a Picasso Trigger healthy for 14 years and going....

TriggerHappy60 said:
For HOB power filters - in my own opinion, Aquaclears are the best and most versatile. The size of the filter/media box alone is worth buying one. You can put nearly anything in them such as bio-media, chemi-pure, use floss on the bottom and whatever you want in bags. Simple, usually quiet and affordable. I've used then almost exclusively since I first started keeping a marine tank over 30 years ago. Used to use them "plumbed" into undergravel filters when that was about the only affordable option. Figured why by a powerhead when the aquaclear does the same thing, plus you get to customize media. They work good enough to keep a Picasso Trigger healthy for 14 years and going....

This is the answer I was looking for. Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom