jack dempsey fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d1anonly22

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have some jack dempsey fry, i dont think i did to well because i started out with at least two-hundred and now have thirty. my fry are still tiny like ants and i was wondering how long it should take them to get an inch in size, mine are growing kind of slow, and tomorrow i will go and check my log to see how long they have been hatched for, i cant find it right now, but i think like three weeks old. any one know how much longer till there at least an inch, and what i can do to help them grow bigger and healthier?

That's ok, not all of them survive thats why fish have so many. Those 30 are the strongest. You need to feed the parents lots of food and they blow the chopped up food out for the babys. Use more heartier food like brine shrimp and frozen worms.

well mom and dad like to eat them, thats what happened to the first batch, so i crush up cichlid pellets the expensive kind and feed them that.

OSI Marine Flake has been used by many angelfish breeders to put mass on their fry with much success. It has more protein than the freshwater version and better quality proteins as well.

Normally the parents don't eat the fry until they are free swimming bet with new parents anything can happen. If you want to keep the fry I would let the parents raise them until they start free swimming, then siphon them out into a grow out tank. If you have plenty of hiding places a few make it.

the were swiming the day after they were born. and the mom and dad ate them after they hatched. so i pull mom and dad out once the eggs get fertilized.

Back
Top Bottom