Jack Dempsey is twitching and has a white spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clowncrown

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi. So I’m hoping someone might be able to help me. My Jack Dempsey(unknown gender) started to show a white spot covering its entire face. After some research online I figured it could be a fungus infection. So I bought some api fungal cure. After to doses, the white splotches receded slightly, but it’s still visible. Figuring it might be hole in the head, I bought some general cute as well. Well neither has fixed the issue. And now a new symptom has appeared. The jp is twitching randomly. Just shaking it’s head back and forth after swimming around for a while. I’d really appreciate some help.

Attachments

• EE877E26-B624-4220-AEF6-5CE762CC9438.jpg
    EE877E26-B624-4220-AEF6-5CE762CC9438.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 47
What are your water parameters?

What's your water change schedule? Clean water is your best friend right now.

Are you running carbon in your filter while treating? Meds don't work if there's carbon.

Does he have any tankmates? What size tank is he in?

Hey sara. Thanks for replying. I have an albino Oscar a green terror and two plecos. Both are healthy and happy. I’m running a 405 fluva filter system. Layered with bio max media, carbon media and filter sponges. When I put the medicine in, I took the carbon out of the filtration system. I recently did a complete water change. And I add aqua safe when I change the water. The p.h is at an 8, which I know is a little high. But the Jack Dempsey was sick long before I did my recent water change. I also added a second piece of driftwood and some plants that I purchased from a local fish store. I’m not sure if that might have contributed to it.

Back
Top Bottom